Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Yes, as per IPF Rules, all participants must be a member of the IPF nation affiliate in their home country or country of residence. If you are Singaporean or Permanent Resident, or a foreigner living in Singapore on a long-term visa (such as S-Pass, Employment Pass, LTVP, etc.) you must be a member of Powerlifting Singapore. If you are a non-resident, please drop us an email.
If you are more than 21 days from the start of the competition, you may still request for a change in your weight class. To do so, please drop us an email.
You may change your weight class up to 21 days prior to the start of a competition. To do so, please drop us an email.
We can only finalize the schedule approximately one week after the last day of registrations. This is typically around 4 weeks from the competition date, but may be as close as 2 to 3 weeks out.
At the present, we are making it mandatory for all athletes to declare a handler and have one. There are many benefits to having a handler with you for a meet. For example, a handler can take care of the following for you, to ensure that your competition experience runs smoothly:
- submitting next attempts (you have only 1 minute after you get your referee lights to do so)
- loading plates for warm ups so you don't have to waste energy
- take care of your personal belongings
- remind you of your hydration and refueling needs, or even mobility work
- ensure that you warm up on time, not too soon and not too late
- keep an eye on the order of lifters so that you don't miss your turn
- ensure that all your paperwork and to-dos are in order, so you don't run afoul of rules
- help with any minor issues you might have